<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday

6/08/06

Spot The Bork! (What's a Bork?)

We have just recently, as I’ve previously mentioned, spent a great week in Florida visiting friends and doing Disney while staying at the Nick Suites hotel. So then, am I going to go on about all the fun and exiting things we did? No, of course not silly, but I would feel remiss if I didn’t share a new activity that the boys and I invented that I think may have a practical and positive impact on society in that it helps ward off boredom: it’s a little game we call Spot The Bork.
It’s simple enough, really; we were sitting around waiting for our flight at LaGuardia on Saturday afternoon whilst I was engaged in my usual pre-flight ritual of downing Dramamines and rather a lot of scotch. (Afraid of flying? Goodness no; if the plane goes down there’s not a thing I can do about it; no, it’s that I’m motion-sickness-boy and flying makes me feel crummy. In fact, it used to be that by the time I got off a plane I felt worse than David Gest after a long weekend with Liza… but no longer! Hooray for the yummy modern medical miracle that is scotch and Dramamine!)
Anyhoo, as we were sitting there the older lad piped up: “Psst, hey dad, look, a bork!”
And sure enough, he had sighted a particularly nerdy bork wandering along the skyway, so we decided to award the lad one point; and so it was that Spot The Bork was born. The rules are simple enough, each participant gets one point per sighting, and each sighting has to be confirmed by at least one of the other players. By the end of the trip I was in firm control of first place with eight points, followed by a respectable six for the older lad and one for the younger lad. We really should consider fabulous prizes.
So, should you find yourself and your brood sitting around cooling your heels somewhere this summer, fear boredom no more! Go on, Spot A Bork!


|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?