<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday

3/16/06

The Funny.


Good morning philosopher kings and queens, working class heroes, progressive utopians with no sense of humor, lurking conservatives... you know the drill. If, by any chance you don't though, then grab a hot cup of cocoa and snuggle up with your favorite blankie and I'll tell you a little story about the funny.

Ahem. Although I have never had any interest in listening to commercial talk radio, about a year ago I did find myself suddenly and serendipitously addicted to Air America's morning drive-time show, Morning Sedition with Marc Maron and Mark Riley. I was hooked from the first episode I heard; I couldn't believe my luck in running across a radio show made by smart guys making smart funny that embraced all things cerebral including, but not limited to, philosophy, politics, art, dreams, feral cats, the occasional fart joke and one particularly foul mouthed stem cell.

Anyhoo, long story short, although the show got killed last fall by the spineless toads at Air America, the funny is now finally back on in L.A. complete with Jim Earl's Milfington boys et al... but the sucky catch is that the podcast is only available with a "premium" (read: $50 per year) membership to Air America. So, being that I can't live with out my fix of Rapture Watch I did pony up the dough, but I figure as long as I did I'll perform a fine public service by making the shows available by posting them on the interweb.

So, with little further ado, please allow your gaze to drift up the left side of this page where you will find links to the shows for your listening pleasure.

Good night, sheeple.


|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?