<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday

.

11/22/05

Forty Two.

Man: Hello, my boy. And what is your dog's name?
Boy: I don't know. We call him Rover
.

-
Stafford Beer
It seems to me that it's helpful to be reminded every so often that, in an existential way, it's very unlikely indeed that we really know what's going on. I mean, sure, we've got some big important things already worked out, like math, astrophysics and cable TV. At the same time though, we don't want to forget the lesson that Douglas Adams' pan-dimensional, hyper-intelligent race of beings who built Deep Thought learned the hard way: that in the end, having an answer isn't very useful if you never actually understood what the question was.

So what was the question in the first place? I dunno, something about a dog, I think. Or something like that. Just a thought. Whatever. :-)
.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?