<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday

10/11/04

Trouble, Right Here in Crawford City!


As I’ve most likely noted before, there are many fine things to be said about blogging; it affords one the freedom to run the literary gamut from hopelessly self absorbed to truly insightful and thought provoking. That said, it should be abundantly clear to anyone who has happened across this blog that I usually suffer from bouts of the former… if nothing else it’s simply easier to wonder aloud about myself and my kids than to pay attention to the outside world and develop informed opinions about current events. Sort of like developing a habit of exhibitionism simply because its easier than actually meeting people and getting to know them before taking your cloths off. Or something like that. Or then again maybe not.

In any case, it struck me today that I haven’t indulged in one of my other favorite pastimes lately; that of re-posting or linking to other peoples work when I find that they have not only mirrored my own narrow little opinions, but have done it far more eloquently than I ever could.

So here, with just a little further ado, as it were, is a link to an endorsement for John Kerry that ran in a little Texas newspaper called the Lone Star Iconoclast. The beauty of this piece however, is that not only is it clearly reasoned and well written, but it just happens to appear in the hometown paper of Crawford Texas, home to Bush’s artificially manufactured ranch.

While the Iconoclast did indeed endorse Bush’s presidential run in 2000 as well as his call to war, since then the paper’s editors have had the good sense and moral conviction to do something that Bush’s handler’s would never allow: they have let facts and events change their opinion. The Iconoclast’s endorsement is here, and then a short note about the consequences of their decision to run it is here.

Enjoy.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?