<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday

7/01/04
 
A Carefully Crafted Message
 

I find that one of the greatest pleasures of blogging is being able to engage in snarky irony that’s completely unproductive. Moreover, words themselves make great playthings, and, put in just the right order, they bring me a certain pleasure that probably borders on the indecent.
          That said, I’m really not quite sure what to do with yesterday’s release of Joel Steinberg. Yeah, that Joel Steinberg.  My first reaction was to simply write a surprisingly long and creative collection of expletives, but that seemed to lack a certain dignity. My next thought was to PhotoShop rude things on his forehead, but then I realized that to properly express myself, his head would have to be so large it would probably become unwieldy.  Probably make it hard for him to find a hat too.
          In any case, I guess I’ll just leave it that even as a young guy seventeen years ago, I was struck by what an appalling and heartbreaking case it was;   but now as a parent the whole thing has taken on a different sort of significance for me.  Well, ‘nuff said.  You dads know what I mean.
 
          Ahh, but then again, (the sweet muse of inspiration rarely fails me for long)  now I do know what I’d really like, and it’s this:   Although I’ve never before advocated poor behavior,  I’d appreciate it if anybody happens across Mr. Steinberg on the upper West Side, please feel free to let him know that Evan Selinske says he can go fuck himself.
          There now. I feel better already!

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?