<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday

6/28/04

A Call To Arms


Being the sort of guy that doesn’t catch on too quick, I’ll occasionally wander into the bathroom in the morning with the intention of gazing upon my beatific countenance in the mirror, only to be horrified when I find a bleary-eyed primate staring back at me. As is always the case however, once my pulse returns to normal it dawns on me that rather than being stalked by Mr. Jiggs, it’s much more likely that I’ve simply forgotten to shave for a day or two. Or four. Or maybe a week. Should probably cut my toenails while I’m at it.

Anyway, I just chalk it up to the time of year. The boys are out of school, the weather’s beautiful... and as such there are balls to be tossed, hoops to be shot, steaks to be grilled and hammocks to be stretched. Basically, the little chores in life like shaving often fall by the wayside faster than a celebrity Vegas nuptual.

The upshot of all this? I realized this morning that not only has the frequency of my blogging suffered, thus denying the world the benevolent magnificence of my staggeringly entertaining posts, but a lot of you other blogging dads out there have been slacking off as well. So hey, you know who you are… buck up and get back to work.

And for God’s sake get a shave.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?