<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday

5/19/04

Mmmm. Now That's Tasty.


I’ve noticed on occasion that I have a soft spot for many things passe. I do, for instance, still enjoy Beefeater martinis (with a twist, bone-dry and not bruised, please) despite the fact that the martini's popular resurgence is so very 1998. Likewise, I know that I’ve missed the boat when it comes to savoring the surreal goodness of all the great spam names that fill my inbox each morning like the crabgrass that plagues my lawn.

But, despite the fact that having fun with spam names is so very 2003, I just couldn’t resist hanging onto my favorites and creating a little poetry of which I’m sure any Dadaist would be proud. To wit: first the names and then my little pearls of poetic profundity:

The names:

Sell P. Birdhouses -- Mistrust M. Sperm -- Walt C. Gulag -- Mummer R. Pucks -- Beryls M. Mutant -- Exhaust F. Spleens -- Empties U. Mussed -- Salazar A. Regress -- Sealants D. Inescapable -- Predicating P. Oversimplifying -- Compensation T. Granular -- Armadillo H. Inquisition -- Stagnated D. Scythe -- Saltwater I. Ample -- Lupus M. Carfare -- Scoops H. Tallest -- Woulds S. Demur -- A manyfold Scandinavian Spaniards -- Cannonballs P. Hibernia -- fukmi hard -- Duffers B. Bionics -- Linkage L. Stingy -- A venae diallelus bescorching. From: -- Theorem R. Stalactites -- Castrated J. Breathing -- Bearing H. Rowdier -- Domesticity G. Knox

And the poems:

Castrated duffers
Sell cannonballs
And granular pucks


A manyfold Scandinavian
And demure Spaniards
fuckmi hard


Beryls mutant spleens
Exhaust the tallest stalactites
With ample seawater


Predicating rowdier breathing
Empties stagnated birdhouses
And ample carfare


Oversimplifying inescapable inquisition
and demur armadillo bescorching
mistrust rowdier Spaniards


Now that’s some poetic goodness that stays fresh, regardless of the year. Heck, I think I'll go put on my Member's Only jacket.


|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?