<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday

5/02/04

Got Busy?

It was often said of Bill Clinton that he had an outstanding ability to compartmentalize. I suppose that would indeed be a nifty skill set to have if you’re the busiest, most important man in the world; but, luckily for me, it’s not a skill unique to alpha males with plump young interns.

In other words, late spring is here and it’s the season when it’s most critical to be deft enough to juggle all sorts of events while staying focused on the task at hand… or at the very least managing to send the boys to school in clean underwear. For our little brood this springtime has meant that in a thirty day period we have three first communions to attend, karate for both the lads, a subsequent blue belt test, little league has started, religion class hasn’t yet ended, after school homework club is ongoing, I’m in the middle of the big push to finish my degree, there’s long overdue yard work, and we have not one but two weddings of close friends to attend, one of which is in sunny Florida… which is dangerously near Disney.

In short, we be busy bees, and two of my favorite pastimes have suffered as a result: wallowing in political news and then sharing my staggeringly brilliant opinions here. Well, enough of that, I’ve got to go get dressed for a communion party. Really.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?