<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday

4/20/04

Apparently, Other People Blog Too.



Each morning, as the sun rises and the coffee goes down, I get my dose of news from our local Gannett rag, the Journal News. Then, with a bit of scrambled egg, there’s some NPR and maybe a little Air America, all of which may be washed down with some vigorous blogging.

Recently though, I’ve come to realize that it’s far too easy for me to exist in a vacuum with little or no alternative perspective about what’s going on other than what Jon Stewart tells me. In short, being the monumentally self-absorbed kind of guy that I am, I had been lame about absorbing new ideas and viewpoints from other people’s blogs.

So, for the last few weeks I’ve been back in the loop and among the living, and have actually come across some pretty good stuff. Actually, the whole experience can occasionally be rather ego-bruising when I realize how many truly superior blogs there are out there… but hey, I’m a big boy and I figure I must be eruditer than sum peoples.


Anyway, some blogs I’ve come to depend on: The Sneeze, in which I would specifically recommend April 8th’s Bernie Koppell entry… Daddy Zine which, in my humble opinion, is about the best written one around… There’s an interesting collective effort at DotMoms… A pithy, Manhattan-bound dad shares parenting stuff in Laid-Off Dad… Boing Boing is just chock full of cool geeky goodness… MOM & Pop Culture is by a woman whose life is just plain more interesting than mine… Rebel Dad of course keeps an eye out for us at-home-dads… And Woodge is, well, just Woodge.


Of course there are too many to ever really keep up with, but it's nice to be reminded that it's a big world out there.


|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?