<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday

12/22/03

Go Home, Ralph. And Stay There.


I don’t suppose there’s anything inherently wrong with being delusional; in fact we probably don’t realize most of the time when somebody is. The serious problems only start when those who are deluded have a little bit of money and a soapbox. Case in point: this link to an exploratory survey was sent along to me this morning, and, as bizarre as it is, it seems to be for real.

Now, anyone who knows me, (in the unlikely event that anyone ever actually reads any of this) already knows that I’m basically a liberal tax and spend Democrat who believes that everyone should have a place at the table. But, by the same token, I am certainly no granola munching, Birkenstock wearing, if-I-wish-hard-enough-I-can-make-it-the-60’s-again, delusional hippie. So, at the bottom of the brief survey, Mr. Nader invited me to share any comments I might like to make... which I did:

All we heard from you during the 2000 campaign was "There's no difference between the Republicans and Democrats" over and over again. Well I knew better in 2000, and I think it’s a damn shame that since then our huge surplus was raided to pay back Bush’s wealthy friends with tax cuts, that the environment has had to suffer constant rollbacks of its protections, and that so many of our troops have had to die in our misguided adventures in the mid-east. That’s just too high a price to pay for your hubris.

So, Ralph, do you get it yet, or are you still deluding yourself with your little anti-establishment fantasies? Do us all a favor and go home and stay there.

Sincerely,

Evan Selinske


Hmm, and I thought I had gotten over the whole 2000 thing a long time ago. Guess not. Perhaps a little therapy. Hell, who’s to say I’m not just a little delusional?

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?