<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday

12/16/03

Where Saddam Really Was


"The yard was a mess, the laundry wasn't done, the pantry was bare" begins this story about the capture of Saddam. My interest was piqued. Something seemed oddly familiar about all this. The story continued on, noting that his hideaway looked "like a derelict property abandoned by squatters…" and "In the makeshift kitchen, a small refrigerator contained a few Bounty candy bars, some hot dogs and a can of 7-UP. There was old bread on a counter, leftover rice in a pot and dirty dishes in the sink."

Now my interest in this matter became more urgent as a chill ran down my spine. No, I thought to myself, it can’t be… I read on: "The yard was littered with garbage, plastic bags, empty bottles, rotten fruit and a broken chair."

You can just imagine my surprise as the truth finally hit me; Saddam had been hiding out in the old house in Harrison I used to rent with a buddy of mine. Just imagine, all this time our troops had been looking in the wrong country entirely, when all along Saddam was right over here, laying low in my old bachelor pad on Gainsborg Avenue.

Sure is a small world, isn’t it?

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?