<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday

12/16/03

Saddam And Texas Vs. The World

Two things today, and actually I’d be hard-pressed to say which is more noteworthy, but the first is of course that our boys (and lasses) finally turned up Hussein. What I found interesting is that there seemed to be some surprise in the media that the markets didn’t react one way or the other. Well it’s no surprise to me, and since I’m feeling all warm and fuzzy today I’ll let the media in on a little secret: It DOESN’T MATTER that we found him.

We spent the better part of a year hunting down a tired old dictator who we knew had no weapons and had nothing to do with the 9/11 attacks. Great, good for us. You wanna make this New York boy feel better? Try finding Bin Laden, the guy who actually holds the hearts and minds of countless Arabs and was actually behind the 9/11 attacks.


Secondly, in a matter that originates in Texas as well, this little tidbit was passed along to me by a friend who has a habit of doubting, shall we say, the intellectual rigor with which Texans conduct their lives. Makes you wonder who’s in charge in a town where they thought spending the time and effort to entrap a mom for selling a dildo was a simply smashing idea.

For my part, I’m just sort of mystified by a culture that is as enamored of its big guns and funny hats as it is terrified by dildos and gays. Sounds to me like a state that could use a fifty minute lie-down on Sigmund’s couch.

Really now, arresting a mom for running a franchise whose best seller is "chocolate flavored passion pudding"? Grow the fuck up.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?