<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday

12/06/03

" Ice is NICE! "


( Go on, name the movie. Ok, just one more hint: "…we had ONE entry for the Madame Curie lookalike contest, and he was disqualified later -- why do I bother?" )


Hey! It’s snowing! Winter has now officially started, and I’m not ashamed to say that not only am I all grown up, but I’m one of those grown ups who isn’t a crab about the weather. In fact, there are few things that annoy me as much as people who go all sour puss-like when a little bit of wintry fun falls from the sky.

What’s not to love? Let’s see, winter without snow: dark, gray and dreary. Winter with snow: magical landscapes of crystalline beauty. No snow: sitting inside in front of the TV, wondering if it’s really worth the trouble to get up for another beer. With snow: sledding with the kids, snow forts in the back yard and snowmen in the front. Then, when the cold, wet toes finally get to you, there’s hot chocolate, steamy showers and an excuse to build a fire. And is there anything better than dozing off in front of a roaring fire with a tummy full of hot chocolate? I think not.

All right, yes, there are some things like this that I’m a sappy loon about. And yes, now there is some shoveling to be done, and I can’t drive like a maniac until spring, but still… I feel sorry for all those grumpy people I came across yesterday who are missing all the fun. Let it snow!


Oh yeah, and the movie is Real Genius, which everyone else who isn’t a grump already knew. So there.

( Addendum: It's Saturday afternoon now, and it's been a freakin' blizzard all day! Yippee! )

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?