<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday

11/25/03

Back From The Dead


Well, I just spent the last couple of days with the Martian Death Flu, and I must say it’s great to be back. (There’s truly no worse company to spend a few days with, after all. Then again, I'm guessing it's better than a surprise visit from the positively surreal Liza and David. Yikes.)

Anyway, since it’s been years now since I’ve been sick, there were a few things I had forgotten about it, both good and bad. Namely: Simply lying in bed, usually a fine thing indeed, can really suck if you feel as though you’ve just been hit by a truck and even your skin hurts. The up-side to having my body hurt like hell though, is that I took four or five really hot showers a day, and each and every one, I kid you not, was an exquisitely awesome toe-curling fifteen minutes of sheer pleasure.

Another down side of being sick: You think TV was your friend for the last fourteen hours, but later on, when you just want to be alone and go to sleep, you discover that the Learning Channel is in you head. All of it. And the Food Network. And Nickelodeon. So basically while you’re trying to sleep, Emeril and Spongebob are trying to be the first to redecorate the neighbor’s Monster Garage, all the while fighting off Christopher Lowell who’s filming sharks while eating his way across Europe on two bucks a day. Brain too full? You bet.

And Jeez, I don’t think there is an up side to that. Unless if you count the fact that on CNN I got to see Michael Jackson in handcuffs. Yes, that was a priceless moment of oddly satisfying law enforcement goodness. Still, It’s nice to be back.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?