<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday

The Morning After

Mpph. Stretch. Blink a few times. Noon? Can’t be. Well, It was just yesterday that I was advising everyone to enjoy the holiday weekend: Drink beer, eat a cow and light off fireworks. Didn’t have any fireworks so I made up for it with beer. Mpph. "How’s your weekend now, smart guy?" you ask.
According to my mother in law the kids (who were troopers and stayed up late with the big people playing the Xbox James Bond run-around-and-shoot-each-other game) didn’t even get up until after nine… Oh yeah, forgot to mention that I have the best mother-in-law ever. Truly. She stays with us three days a week and totally spoils all of us. In fact that leads us to today’s stay-at-home-dad tip: Don’t get married and have kids unless you’re cool with the Mom-in-law.
So, practically speaking, that tip means that I can lie in bed until noon musing that not only was yesterday’s BBQ a hoot, but now I’ve even got help cleaning up. Just about makes the hangover worth it.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?