<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday

Dr. Roy and the Enlightenment ------- Days: 0 / Lbs. Lost: 0

Well, I’ve spouted on about enough politics to tide me over for a little while; after all, my heart can’t take it all the time… Speaking of which, I did my six-month-thing with the doctor yesterday. Blood pressure still good, everything still “feels and sounds” normal, even did an EKG, now we’re just waiting on the blood work to come back. (I’m of course ignoring all the medication that seems to have crept into my life)
The shock, though, was getting on the scale and seeing a number to which I thought I was immune. “Yikes!” I said, and apparently it was out loud as the nurse looked up at me and gave me the blank stare of a woman who’s seen it all.
So, assuming that my blood work comes back all happy (although with the paces I put my liver through, all bets are off), the ongoing project is to lose pounds. A lot of them. As I think about it, I realize that this is the first Summer I haven’t been able to run around with the lawn mower, cut and haul brush, or move pretty much anything without huffing and puffing and wheezing. Actually, at 38 I’m way to young to feel like this any of the time. Doctors visits have an unpleasant way of making you look different in the mirror when you get home.
So here it is: although I swear I don’t look like a circus freak or anything, the doctor’s scale said 250. Mine says 242… so there. Anyway, I’m shooting for 192. Either way it’s 50 off. How long do these things take? Dunno, I know the obvious: Eat less, eat healthy and exercise. September 15 target. Why? Just like the number.
All right, I’ll be counting them pounds down here and maybe, just maybe, I’ll get to lose a lot of medication co-pays and see my grandkids to boot.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?